Pumpkin is a vegetable and is full of nourishment. Most people are unaware of the health benefits of pumpkin seeds and usually throw them away. Pumpkin seeds are one of the most nutritious and delicious snacks you can give your kids. These seeds are not nut products and are usually non-allergenic foods.
Pumpkin seeds are also called pepitas. In general, pepitas and pumpkin seeds are the same thing. But pepitas have no shell, they are only found in selected pumpkin varieties. Try some of this great pumpkin seeds recipe for snacks.
The following recipe requires no time. No grease, no sugar stuff, no special kitchen equipment! All you need is some fresh or dried pumpkin seeds, pickle juice in a jar, pizza baking sheet, and oven.
Here we go!
- Rinse the fresh seeds thoroughly in cold water and take the pulp and strings, as you take them out of the pumpkins and put them on paper towels or clean kitchen towels to dry.
- Then, you have to soak them in a pickle juice jar for 3 or more nights.
- The next step is to drain the seeds and place them on a single layer on pizza baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to high temperature for about 400 F. Roast the seeds on the same pizza baking sheet for 10-15 minutes, stir frequently until you find the pale golden color and amazingly crunchy texture of the seeds.
- Let the seeds cool and then store them in an airtight container.
- It is the time to serve and then get to munching.
Enjoy this healthy non-toxic recipe of your favorite pumpkin seeds!
Adding this delicious pumpkin seeds to your diet can reduce cholesterol and boost the immune system. They are the best natural organic remedy for body detox cleansing.