Significant Advantages Of LASIK Eye Surgery
In 1995, LASIK or laser in-situ keratomileusis became one of the most sought-after refractive eye surgeries worldwide. According to statistics, more than 600,000 Americans choose LASIK to correct their eye problems each year. These eye problems include nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
Understanding LASIK Eye Surgery
During the LASIK surgery, the surgeon will make a small incision across the cornea of the eys. The flap of tissue will be raised for them to have access to reshape the cornea to correct vision. LASIK may sound like a scary procedure, but studies show that 1 in 20 procedures have complications. And many of these complications are minor that doesn’t cause vision loss.
Benefits of LASIK Eye Surgery
Because of the high rates of success of LASIK eye surgery, more and more people are choosing this solution to end their suffering from prevalent eye problems. Here are the reasons why LASIK is the best option for improving your vision:
- Painless Procedure. One of the best things about this procedure is that, this it is painless. During the surgery, the patient will not experience any pain. Although there will be slight post-operative discomfort, the pain will go away on its own.
- Vision is Improved. Most patients experience immediate vision improvement after surgery. Studies reveal that 95% of the patients who choose LASIK can improve their vision to 20/40 or better. And 85% of the patients return to 20/20.
- Stich-less Procedure. LASIK surgery patients can go home right after surgery. For many, they don’t need stitches or bandages. After 24 hours, patients can go back to their regular schedule.
- Permanent Results. For just a couple of weeks following the surgery, your vision will adjust, and you will experience lasting results. The only time when you will need a follow-up procedure is when your eyesight changes with age or if the initial correction is not enough.
- Reduced Need For Glasses and Contact Lenses. Patients who went through with LASIK surgery have experienced a reduction of their need for glasses or contact lenses after the procedure. Some patients forgo their eyeglasses entirely except for certain situations where the wearing of glasses is recommended.
- Huge Long-Term Savings. Yes, LASIK surgery can be pricey, but you will see the benefits of it financially in the long run. Patients realized that they could save hundreds of dollars each year because there is no more need to update their prescription glasses or contact lenses.
As you get older, you need to take care of your eyes. If you have astigmatism, nearsightedness, or far-sightedness, then you should consider LASIK eye surgery. And if you are looking for doctors and surgeons that you can trust, then you have to visit the kraff eye institute in Chicago.